Thread: Small problem :(

Small problem :(

I can't connect my facebook with my Hugo Retro Mania game It gives an error message. I have Facebook installed to my phone, but it still refuses to connect.
    You'll never see your precious wife again, Hugo!

Do you play on Android or iOS?
    Since when did the error message occur(and have you had success with connecting with facebook before?)
    and what does the error message say?

I play with my android and it gives this message ''unable to authenticate''
    You'll never see your precious wife again, Hugo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Games View Post
    Do you play on Android or iOS?
    Since when did the error message occur(and have you had success with connecting with facebook before?)
    and what does the error message say?
    I play with iOS and I have the same problem. I have had success with connecting with facebook earlier on, in early and mid 2013. But now in 2014 I have been unable to connect to facebook, it only says "unable to authenticate" when I try to log on from either the game score screen or from the main menu.

I'm using an iPhone 3GS and the newest iOS6 available for the device; 6.1.6. My facebook app on my iPhone is up to date and is in itself not causing any problems. I tried removing the hugo retro mania app from my facebook (using my computer's web browser), but it did not have any effect on the game: it still says "unable to authenticate" and does not even try to launch the facebook app on my iPhone to make it authenticate. I have also tried completely removing the game from my phone and reinstalling it, but it had no effect. Forcing the app to close and then starting it again also has no effect.

Also have another bug which may or may not be related; scrolling down the store in the game makes the game crash. I can only access 2-3 top upgrade items from the store. This bug has existed as long as I have had the game; already in early 2013 this problem existed and has not changed.

I think that I had a similar problem when I played the game some time ago on an Acer android 4.1 tablet. I can see the Retro Mania icon on: Facebook applications settings-page though. But I don't think that fixing this minor problem is high on their priority list right now.

The error message is a little confusing.
    The facebook feature does work, but the "authentication failed" message is related to second process.
    Please ignore this. The team is aware of it and will be removed in an upcoming update.
    Danni / Community Manager

Welcome to the Hugo Official Community - Home of Hugo The Troll.
    New Here? See the Rules

when annoucend new Hugo Troll Race 2!!)))I can't wait)))

Me too with this problem.

It's related to some Facebook stuff that was used at some point.
    It's not being used anymore, hence the error message. Should be able to play though.
    ?
    Danni / Community Manager

Welcome to the Hugo Official Community - Home of Hugo The Troll.
    New Here? See the Rules