Thread: Hugo Troll Wars Announcement

Administrator

Post Hugo Troll Wars Announcement

Dear Hugo Troll Wars players.

Almost 2 years have passed since we released the first version of Hugo Troll Wars on iOS, Android, Windows and Facebook. Some of you have been with us from the very start, others have joined later - we want to thank each and everyone for being with us and being such a great community and your continuous support.
    This could not have been done without you.

When we released Hugo Troll Wars, we got tons of great feedback and lots of fixes done making the overall experience greater. With the latest releases of new OS for mobile devices, we have pushed the platform Hugo Troll Wars was build on to it’s limits. The development team had an update ready but it simply couldn’t be build on all devices. This has made it very hard to correct bugs, make new content and implement new planned features.

With the above in mind we have decided to pause new development/updates on the current platform while we investigate the future of Hugo Troll Wars. We are looking into several options. One is how we best migrate and update Hugo Troll Wars to a new and more viable development platform.
    The current version of Troll Wars will of course continue to exist and if we end up migrating to a new platform we will ensure that all active players will continue to have the same username of player-status.

The current version of Troll Wars will of course continue to exist, and we will still provide support and be a part of the Troll Wars community.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns. We will keep you posted on the progression towards a better Troll Wars Experience

Thank you for playing Troll Wars!

The Hugo Team

Great, thx !
    Hello, Please join the Woof ! alliance, all welcome, all levels ! thx, and welcome !

I don't understand...
    Blue food, the best food around!

I really like the game, but will take a break from it for a bit. I do hope the new version includes ways to create, or conquer, new villages. See you all soon again !
    Hello, Please join the Woof ! alliance, all welcome, all levels ! thx, and welcome !

Is there still going to be a snow update?
    RIP H.T.W

I guess I don’t even have to say that I’m very disappointed right now.

Could you guys not put your heads together and provide us kind of a “light update”? Something like the snow bryan was talking about. Maybe add a new level to the embassy. Some small tweaks, which shouldn’t? break anything. There are more and more people going away because they think Troll Wars is dead already. This announcement is definitely not helping

Have you guys already began developing the new platform? So it’s basically starting from scratch to get a more stable and scalable platform?

Since we probably won’t get the “light update” have you thought about some kind of developer dairy? So people can at least see what’s going on?

Maybe with some community interaction like voting’s for things people like to see, to set priorities?
    Maybe provide early access to some players, to get people’s (players) opinions on things to help shape a better product in the end?!

Whatever you guys do, let us be part of things.

My question and big concern would be, what will happen to Windows RT (Surface RT / Surface 2) Users? Are you still committed to this (dead) platform?

Also is there some kind of timeline for this to happen?
    Troll ID: L9021312
    Witch ID: L9874203

I agree with everything Marvin says. Please please please!

EDIT:

So after re-reading this announcement, it looks like we on the "dead" platforms (windows RT) will probably be stuck with the version forever (or as long as the game lasts) as there appear to be no new updates being released for this version... I'm not quite sure what's happening so some sort of "diary" as Marvin put it would be helpful-an explanation of what you're doing and an affirmation that you are actually doing something. Would be nice. Also would be nice to give us a small update if you can to keep people interested in the game.
    Last edited by Eowyn; 11-11-2015 at 04:30 AM.
    Main
    Witch: Eowyn L11177130 Alliance: Axiom
    Troll: Eowyn (Trolls) L11213621 Alliance: Dark Falcon
    Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Mini
    Witch: Lady Arwen L12981662 Alliance: Axiom
    Troll: Tinuviel L12981670
    Device: Windows Surface RT running 8.1

Im defineatly understanding all of this...
    Blue food, the best food around!

Just to clarify: "platform" is not a specific device, but the game engine that powers Hugo Troll Wars.
    The team had an update ready to submit to the various stores a while ago, but due to new requirements (64bit) we experienced some serious issues.
    This is not an issue with any other Hugo Games, but unfortunately Hugo Troll Wars was developed on another platform.
    Danni / Community Manager

Welcome to the Hugo Official Community - Home of Hugo The Troll.
    New Here? See the Rules

I hope you'll make more updates for the new HTW as for this one. All in all I agree with Marvin in every point. We were waiting for the update so long and than comes there won't be any update anymore, very disapointing.

All the best, RS.

So no to the snow?
    RIP H.T.W

Still waiting for the famous update !!

Don't think there 'll be a famous update in nearer future.

All the best, RS.

Can I ask if there are any updates on this game please? I have been playing this game fine again for a week or so on facebook and today I am no longer able to access it, but get the 'something is broken' square face on the screen. I can play other facebook games, so it's not from my end. It's been about 5 hours that I've had this, so it can't just be a glitch. Is it no longer playable on facebook, or what is happening please?"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    Can I ask if there are any updates on this game please? I have been playing this game fine again for a week or so on facebook and today I am no longer able to access it, but get the 'something is broken' square face on the screen. I can play other facebook games, so it's not from my end. It's been about 5 hours that I've had this, so it can't just be a glitch. Is it no longer playable on facebook, or what is happening please?"
    Think there must be a problem with the connection between the game and Facebook
    We got this +/- same problem already a few months ago
    Hope the IT servive will take care of your message as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Think there must be a problem with the connection between the game and Facebook
    We got this +/- same problem already a few months ago
    Hope the IT servive will take care of your message as soon as possible
    *rofl* I really like sarcasm …

All the best, RS.