PDA

View Full Version : my point of view on spanish spikes

SNIPER ELITE
06-19-2014, 10:35 PM
i think spanish spikes should always be there because they simpaly cost to much to rearm after each attack i think if they remain a traps cost about five thousand gold for each and have a hundred spike limit perhaps if you agree orshare a similar point of view please post here or a contradicting point disprove my theroy thank you

Eowyn
06-19-2014, 10:38 PM
I agree way to expensive to have to be continuously rearming every time there is an attack. And does anyone even know how much wax it costs to rearm them?

SNIPER ELITE
06-19-2014, 10:41 PM
only top players with max resorces could accsess them if they have mutiple spikes to rearm so that pretty much makes them exclusive

SNIPER ELITE
06-19-2014, 10:44 PM
and i say that they shoul be like walls that do damage and have ten levels and 9do more damage and would have less hp to make walls still relavent

Eowyn
06-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Exactly. Now everyone going to get Spanish spikes, walls are useless, and if you don't have Spanish spikes you aren't a good base but what if you can't afford multiple ones? They add up fast.

SNIPER ELITE
06-19-2014, 10:50 PM
yes i like the idea but that makes other points irrelavent but i like the the thinking but to over powered feature which is esclusive not good for beginers and contact units such as warriors die on impact so whats the point for physical units and walls when you can just have spikes to stop both

Eowyn
06-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Yes good point. It renders much of the game pointless when you look at it that way doesn't it. Well, the devs came out with it so obviously they had a reason.

SNIPER ELITE
06-19-2014, 10:58 PM
i think because it was reqested but now i see to many holes to the other parts of the game were unfoseen i hope our pleas help the games features can become whole or else disaster will come who knows hackers might get a milllion spikes and become invincable and as inread a perfect game might be enginerable so please fix the spikes i have hope for them

Soulseller
06-19-2014, 11:01 PM
The reason is that they want you to buy more life stones so they earn more money....

Eowyn
06-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes the spikes could work but need to be fixed.

Phileine
06-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Anyone seen the re-arm costs yet? In the description in the 'store' they don't talk about rearming, that was only in te announcement... maybe they took out the re-arm cost but that would seriously imbalance them (paid 2m+ for each lv10 wall and they are half as effective as 90k spanish walls)

Ph

Miltego
06-19-2014, 11:08 PM
.. how much wax it costs to rearm them?

I'll post the cost as soon as I could. I don't think 90,000 wax but...

Eowyn
06-19-2014, 11:10 PM
If it costs 90k wax I'm going to get seriously angry at th devs

Phileine
06-19-2014, 11:15 PM
90k wax PER WALL? that's steep! No, it can't be that or I'll join your anger :). Anyone I spoke to was attacked (with spikes) but didn't need to rearm... maybe another 'bug'?

Eowyn
06-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Maybe. It definitely says costs wax to rearm. hm.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Yeah thats to much for the devs to go for money they would lose customers to do so so if they dont change this soon

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 12:58 AM
I agree. I don't think the devs would just be going for money but who knows.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:04 AM
it is a free game i like how it is before but money causes people to do things but i seen the other thread about the spikes they must edit this before people take advantage of the new thing and the game loses players and i find the bloodstone offer is a good supply of money but their motives are otherwise i hope

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:08 AM
the unbalence means the spikes are do the same as walls and do damage so we need walls to be better or perhaps walls could add somthing to get an x factor

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Perhaps. If we could add something to walls without changing the price then it would equalize it somewhat. The problem is less the spikes in general but the fact that they are so very expensive they become exclusive to only the highly-upgraded bases.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:19 AM
Maybe walls could get a small damaging abilty like spikes but less but walls would have damaging properties and more defense properties and spikes have a bigger offensive capabiltys

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:20 AM
but how would wall breakers react to spike go for them and die or dont go for them and calvery would they get rendered useless

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Good question. If enough wallbreakers were deployed on one spike they eventually would kill it. But then you have the units like wizards and archers that can shoot over walls? They would suddenly become a lot more useful. And how does this affect even golems? All contact troops are rendered completely useless.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:26 AM
many unsure questions raised but based of this the cost and esclusiveness is left to majorly upgraded bases we would like a lowering in cost ad give walls somthimg to prioratize walls like they are even with spikes

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:29 AM
they make golloms to be questioned a wall of spikes WILL kill a gollom eventually and a max posiblity of 70 spikes vs a max 6 golloms pointless giving deffense a HUGE edge

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Precisely. SO now, attacking bases with Spanish Spikes is pointless and useless.

Therefore, we want walls to be made even with the spikes, the cost to be reduced, and overall lessening of the massive advantage given to defense.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:34 AM
yes devs we are the customers who GIVE you our moneyto entertain us and make us have fun this is what would be of our best intrest in the game to have a equal oppertunity to win please do this

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Well, hopefully there are enough comments on here to make them pay attention to this thread.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:40 AM
i have the relavent post this is the way coming from the CONSUMER who ACTUALLY plays the game this is what i want to see and the way they support geming is kinda one sided

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Yeah. To me, it seems that using tons of gems is kind of cheating and takes some of the fun and point out of the game. But its the way that the devs earn money from the game so I can understand it but so blatantly encouraging it, almost demanding it, is rather annoying.

Random curiosity question I have is; why "Spanish" spikes? Lol that has nothing to do with this but still.

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 01:44 AM
Its not cheating, since its a provided way of aid. But still.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:46 AM
this update seems to be thatway the spikes need a little tweaking and walls could now use tweaking

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:46 AM
and they seem to pressure you into buying stones

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 01:48 AM
I've noticed that. Especially how every time you go somewhere or do something that's not at your base, the stupid "huge deals" pop up exactly 3 seconds after you get back. Gets a little annoying after a while.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 01:52 AM
and now they offer youthe catapult deal and that stole my fammilys money i purchesd and didnt recive my product

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 02:03 AM
Really? Interesting. That's why I never spend money on games.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 02:08 AM
this a large issue

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 02:13 AM
It really is; I hope that somehow some changes will be made shortly.

christina
06-20-2014, 05:38 AM
Yes i agree way expensive im having problems getting regular walls..

Phileine
06-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Giving defense an edge was needed and probably what they were after. Could be they overdid it, though. Almost any 'balancing' change lately has been a bit unbalancing at least :).

Can spikes (right now) do damage or is that a suggestion?
Are spikes only available at a (very) high TH level?

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 06:08 AM
lvl 6 I have some

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 06:09 AM
And they don't do damage

Lyn
06-20-2014, 07:30 AM
I think u get it wrong about the spikes, I think they are a great new item. But it is a top player item and low level bases are not supposed to buy them before they can afford them..

They are stronger than walls but u can also only have 47, so who can use them best ;-)

Golems already get beaten at level 27 bases

We needed a new defense item a got it :-)

The hidden cannons are also more expensive than normal cannons that do more damage..

But I agree the spikes shouldn't be rearmed, because of the disconnect issue

Miltego
06-20-2014, 07:38 AM
if rearm with some gold or wax, it's not a real problem, but rearm with stones, it isn't accessible to all..

Soulseller
06-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Giving defense an edge was needed and probably what they were after. Could be they overdid it, though. Almost any 'balancing' change lately has been a bit unbalancing at least :).

Can spikes (right now) do damage or is that a suggestion?
Are spikes only available at a (very) high TH level?

:confused: Why was a defense edge needed. IMHO te defense was allready too strong for the top bases. I'm in the top 20 of the rankings and nobody has ever got more than 65 % on my base. And I seldom get more than 55-70 % against the lvl 30 bases... I actually allready lost a significant part of the attacks i make. So a big defensive edge as the spikes seems to be, will make most top bases more or less impossible to beat.

Lyn
06-20-2014, 09:08 AM
if rearm with some gold or wax, it's not a real problem, but rearm with stones, it isn't accessible to all..

I use the spikes mainly for one side so if someone attack and disconnect I'm screwed :-(

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes why use stones to rearm then they advrtise geming

Phileine
06-20-2014, 02:17 PM
:confused: Why was a defense edge needed. IMHO te defense was allready too strong for the top bases. I'm in the top 20 of the rankings and nobody has ever got more than 65 % on my base. And I seldom get more than 55-70 % against the lvl 30 bases... I actually allready lost a significant part of the attacks i make. So a big defensive edge as the spikes seems to be, will make most top bases more or less impossible to beat.

Hi Soulseller,

I'm currently at rank 19, 1800 relics. Every base I've seen I can get 2 stars without much problems using some bombs, 4 golems, rest wizards. Layout is irrelevant. Getting 3 stars is impossible with any troops against 30+ star bases but I think a 100% victory should be scarce (I do get them against a few inactive top 30 players like 'murat', rank 18, 27 stars).

I would like to be able to optimize base layouts and make people struggle for their first star but alas. It's useless to try and set up a good base layout, it will get two-starred anyway.

When was the last time you saw someone actually lose a fight against you? To me that hasn't happened maybe once in the last 4 weeks and I got attacked about 60 times in that same period.

(and yes: it doesn't help that people can crash their games intentionally to avoid the relic loss; I can't prove that it happens, all I know is that crashes against me happen by the fact that my embassy is empty but no fight was logged, but I know it's possible and I've even heard people brag about it on public chat - no proof either, of course)

Ph

Phileine
06-20-2014, 02:18 PM

Description says 'rearm with wax'... do they really need stones to rearm?

Ph

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 02:22 PM
defense is somthing that would be a major if it has an edge over offense i think they over did it

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 02:38 PM
yeah it says with wax?

Lyn
06-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Agree its all about u can get 2 stars on every single base no challenge but now that might has changed ;-)

And as u say in the end people disconnect their game if they are about to loose at then the spikes/embassy are down and its a free base...

No rearm for spikes

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 03:40 PM
I don't think we should rearm for spikes. And really, was the defensive edge needed to be given? The army has been so over-nerfed that the defense is already too strong.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 03:41 PM
yes that is
riight lyn its wide open
then

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 03:42 PM
yes the nerfs they also prove how op the spikes are its not equal

Soulseller
06-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Hi Soulseller,

I'm currently at rank 19, 1800 relics. Every base I've seen I can get 2 stars without much problems using some bombs, 4 golems, rest wizards. Layout is irrelevant. Getting 3 stars is impossible with any troops against 30+ star bases but I think a 100% victory should be scarce (I do get them against a few inactive top 30 players like 'murat', rank 18, 27 stars).

I would like to be able to optimize base layouts and make people struggle for their first star but alas. It's useless to try and set up a good base layout, it will get two-starred anyway.

When was the last time you saw someone actually lose a fight against you? To me that hasn't happened maybe once in the last 4 weeks and I got attacked about 60 times in that same period.

(and yes: it doesn't help that people can crash their games intentionally to avoid the relic loss; I can't prove that it happens, all I know is that crashes against me happen by the fact that my embassy is empty but no fight was logged, but I know it's possible and I've even heard people brag about it on public chat - no proof either, of course)

Ph

Yeah, people are aborting battles all the time, it has occured many times to me that it says I'm under attack when logging in and then when I log in to my base I don't get any logged attack but the troops in the embassy are gone. This is obviously an aborted attack. I count that as a defense that are won by my base. And in that case I estimate that I win more than I loose my defesive battles...

Anyway, I don't think more defensive stuff will change that. People will still abort their attacks and I doubt that even if I make my base invincible I will get any more wins. But the attackers will be successful more seldom and will abort more which I'm afraid will lead to more inactivity - and that's the last thing the top of the rankings need as I see the problem of finding opponents are the biggest flaw of the game.

I think it was good as it was. The skill was to get 2 stars and more trophies in your attacks while your opponents only got 1 star and less trophies in their attack on your base.

By the way, you lost against my base Phileine... :p Props for not aborting!!!

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
yet they nerf troops and buff defense that makes un equal they need to give troops their perks back or make defense weaker signinfitlatly weaker

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 04:05 PM
I'd prefer give the troops back what they are due, lol. Airbornes and archers have just gotten too weak for my preference

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 04:08 PM
exactly airborns get dropped easiliy by archer towers which are made to wither away troops not own them and one mortar shot kills archers level 3

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 04:38 PM
I know because I use archers, simply because they are the best of the troops that aren't wizards that don't have any predilection for specific buildings.

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 04:46 PM
I always use wizards and dragons they are in my stratagy thread dragon wizards check it out

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't have dragons yet almost to healer but a ton of wax to get dragons I use 20 wizards 3 bombers and 40 odd archers. All 3*

Phileine
06-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah, people are aborting battles all the time, it has occured many times to me that it says I'm under attack when logging in and then when I log in to my base I don't get any logged attack but the troops in the embassy are gone. This is obviously an aborted attack. I count that as a defense that are won by my base. And in that case I estimate that I win more than I loose my defesive battles...

Anyway, I don't think more defensive stuff will change that. People will still abort their attacks and I doubt that even if I make my base invincible I will get any more wins. But the attackers will be successful more seldom and will abort more which I'm afraid will lead to more inactivity - and that's the last thing the top of the rankings need as I see the problem of finding opponents are the biggest flaw of the game.

I think it was good as it was. The skill was to get 2 stars and more trophies in your attacks while your opponents only got 1 star and less trophies in their attack on your base.

By the way, you lost against my base Phileine... :p Props for not aborting!!!

Hi Soulseller,

In the screenshot it seems I won (but only 1 star) and gained 9 relics?
When was the screenshot taken? I haven't been attacking for a week now so I hope this is not some kind of hack...

Ph

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi Soulseller,

When was the screenshot taken? I haven't been attacking for a week now so I hope this is not some kind of hack...

Ph
strange never heard of 9 relics for a one star attack?

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Neither have I usually 4 or 5

SNIPER ELITE
06-20-2014, 05:21 PM
and the two star big chin defeat is only 4 relic loss?

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Weird. Its almost as if the relic counts on those 2 attacks is backwards. It should be 4 relic loss for the 1 star defeat and 9 relic loss for 2 star

Lyn
06-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Weird. Its almost as if the relic counts on those 2 attacks is backwards. It should be 4 relic loss for the 1 star defeat and 9 relic loss for 2 star

It depends on how many relics the defender have u always play for 32 relics so if u have 1600 relics and the opponent has 1300 relics u maybe get 5 relics for 3 stars and he will get 27 relics for 3 stars on u..

Eowyn
06-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Really, interesting.

Soulseller
06-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi Soulseller,

Ph

Haha, sorry... I'm stupid.... :o You are correct, you won. Don't know what I was thinking there... But it was a couple of weeks ago, so don't worry.

For you guys wondering about the relics. The number of reilce depend on what the attackers number of trophies are compared to the defenders number of relics. If the attacker has many more relics than the defender he gets few trophies even with 100 % and the opposite. I have got everything from 1 relic to 29 relics winning 100 % over bases.

Eowyn
06-21-2014, 12:03 AM
I didn't know that the level of a player in comparison to yours had anything to do with it I just knew some bases I could get more relics than other ones.

Miltego
06-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Description says 'rearm with wax'... do they really need stones to rearm?

Ph

I have only tested once. I had almost no gold (less than 1000) but almost 8,000,000 wax, then maybe that if the cost is gold, rearm converted stone automatically.. but I had to pay 8 stones to rearm two spanish spikes.

So, I can repeat the test, I went from 1600 ~ 1630 relics within 500 to mount my base up (without the last level of the mountain campaign..)

Soulseller
06-21-2014, 06:52 AM

As I expected there have been multiple aborted attacks on my base but no logged attacks after I added the spikes. It's simply to hard to attack now in my opinion. :(

Lyn
06-21-2014, 08:52 AM
One beat my base but it was attacked before embassy was empty so its hard to say but the spikes seems really strong...

Lyn
06-25-2014, 07:21 PM
I didn't know that the level of a player in comparison to yours had anything to do with it I just knew some bases I could get more relics than other ones.

Not level but the amount of relics ;-)

Phileine
06-25-2014, 08:11 PM
As I expected there have been multiple aborted attacks on my base but no logged attacks after I added the spikes. It's simply to hard to attack now in my opinion. :(

With wax no longer being 'free' from the mountain campaign, this will get less soon enough...