PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for Future Updates

mark
04-05-2014, 04:50 AM
Hi,

Here's my list of things I would liked to see improved, implemented in future updates - I have a ton more ideas, will update post when I have more time. Lots of these ideas have already been suggested and can be found in more details by searching the forum (will try to add links to the posts when/if I can).

Green, quick game improvements or things I would like to see ASAP.
Orange, that should be implemented ASAP after green things.
Red, nice things to have, but less important.

Content & Features
-- Base Builder: Editor to easily re-organise your base **With addition of spikes, it's very time consuming to re-organise base
-- Hero: Implement a Hero or range of Hero’s (only 1 can be selected at any time - 24 hour cooldown to change Hero's)
-- Hero: Hero’s earn levels/XP from raiding or campaigns and gain extra abilities
-- Daily Quests: Give players quests/daily achievements with decent rewards (Source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?128-A-Few-Ideas&highlight=Daily+quests))
-- Scratch Cards: Every day you get a free scratch card with a chance of winning prizes
-- Competitve Leaderboard: Incentives for top players & alliances
-- Bug Report: In-game bug report OR link to bug forum
-- Flags: New flags to be introduced (Request your flag to be added (https://www.facebook.com/HugoTrollWars))
-- Champions League: Introduce competitive leagues (Source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?816-Champions-League))
-- Raid Bonus: Loot bonus for 1, 2 or 3 starring a base. Level of bonus is determined by the difference between your level and opponents
-- Battle Cards: New rewards and pirate ship available more often/all the time (Source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?217-Battle-Cards&highlight=battle+cards))
-- Battle Cards: Upgrade pirate ship with gold to be able to play more than 1 card in battle
-- Notifications: Notify when building upgrade completed or troops maxed/trained to your device
-- Player Statistics Page: Total game & weekly statistics - Attacks won/lost, defences won/lost, number of successful attacks for 1, 2 & 3 stars & total loot gained
-- Spells: Implement new potions

Co-Ops, Bonuses & Brag Points
-- Co-Op: Wins activate Alliance bonus
-- Co-Op: Award brag points for Co-Ops
--- Brag Points: Used to purchase usable items i.e. 10% 24h boost to Gold or Wax
--- Brag Points: Purchase temporary (24h, 48h, 72h) boosts such as attack or defence bonuses and resource boosts (source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?127-Co-Operative-scoring-system&highlight=brag))
-- Co-Op: Award alliance points based on how the attacker performs (1, 2 or 3 stars). Leader can use alliance points to activate alliance boosts such as 10% extra gold or wax for 24h, 10% faster research or 5% quicker builds
-- Bonus: Larger range of alliance bonuses available and randomise
-- Bonus: Bonus loot for players that constantly donate to Co-Ops
-- Wax conversion: Wax is redundant mid-late game. If brag perks are introduced allow wax to be converted for a small amount of brag points

Units
-- AI Improvements: Units target weakest/most damaged wall nearest them. Give them a small radius to make a decision and attack weakest wall
-- Research: Upgrades for Mercenary troops
-- Research: Upgrades for normal troops to level 6
-- Embassy: Replace all troops at once option instead of having to buy 1 at a time

Barracks
-- Decrease number of troops training by holding your finger on the unit
-- Button or arrow to quickly cycle between barracks and potions to queue units
-- Total training time for all units on each barracks to make them easier to complete at same time
-- Queue pop-up remove annoying pop-up when maxed out training troops in a barracks

Buildings
-- Upgrade: Ability to cancel building upgrades. If cancelled within a few minutes of upgrade 100% resources returned. Otherwise 50% resources returned. Need a confirmation box before cancelling.
-- Increase range of cannon towers
-- Hidden Towers: Show gold storages as full on attacks, so that hidden cannon towers are not easily identified
-- Cancelling a building upgrade returns only a % of the upgrade total
-- Booster bonuses for mines and collectors increased to 24h instead of 12h

Chat, Alliance & Social
-- Messages to be clickable to bring up options. Magnifying glass is too small to tap on mobile devices
-- Replays: Ability to share attack and defence replays with your Alliance
-- Alliance Invite: Ability to turn off or on invites to an alliance
-- Online Status: Ability to see if an alliance member is online, offline or not been online in over 7 days
-- Alliance Banners: Add further alliance banners

Bugs & Improvements
-- Please Wait: Constant please waits when building lots of troops, collecting resources or sometimes in an attack - unable to place troops while this pops up in an ongoing attack
-- Tooltip: Add healing amount to healers and radius
-- Tooltip: Freeze Trap ‘Sends out a splash of slime’ should be they freeze units in place
-- Tooltip: Update Punch Trap description, it doesn’t send them flying but packs a punch
-- Potion: Radius of effect hard to see on mobile phone for healing & speed
-- Potion: Increase speed and healing potion duration, currently too short
-- Traps: Air Traps which target only air troops
-- Traps: Increase cost of upgrading Freeze and Punch Traps
-- Traps: Increase damage of bomb traps
-- Decrease wall damage of Bombers
-- Decorations: Remove decorations from map & place back in shop
-- Optimisation: Improve the amount of data sent and received
-- Research: If a research is cancelled only return 50% of the resources
-- Potion Shop: Don’t allow queued potions in shop when maximum potions already made (used to hide money from raids)

Fixed & Added
19/05/14 - Mountain Campaign - (Source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?764-NEW-Single-Player-Campaign-coming-soon))
15/04/14 - Fix Terrain Spawns (Source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?446-Terrain-not-spawning))
09/04/14 - Increase Range of Archer Towers, Ranged Increased to 20 (Source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?280-Balancing-changes-%96-big-update))

Miscellaneous
Changed - Crystal Towers now only target ground
-- Crystal Towers: Not attacking Air Units. Will only attack an Air Unit if a ground troop is in range. Reported 18/12/13. (Source (http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?128-A-Few-Ideas&highlight=crystal))

mark
04-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Extra Information

Battle Card Suggestion - 13/01/2014

I like the battle cards, currently though they aren't used to their full potential and could add some fun and incetives into the game.

Have the pirate ship always available at port, with a timer on when the free 24 hour card is available when the ship is selected. This can also be something visual such as flag flying when the free card is available, down when it isn't available.

Put in a rook of new cards into the pool that can be won, but also have the icons available to be purchasble with stones.

New cards that have durations, Bronze 24 hours, Silver 48 hours, Gold 72 hours.

New card ideas:
+10% resources gained from raids (can be shown with an icon on ui or attack window when active);
+20% brag points from friendly/co-ops
+20% speed increase to building units
50% increase in research time (icon on research building when active);
50% increase in gold or wax to a mine/collector (can be used when mine/collector selected and have that card type in inventory);
Special unit(s) only available from ship i.e. harder tanks (mud golems, zombies) or ranged with split shot, can hit 2-3 things at once (medussa, skeleton archer)

This would allow people to win cards for free to try out the benefits, but also allow people to use their stones to purchase them.

Co-Op System Suggestion - 08/01/2014

I love the idea of co-ops, but it needs to be meaningful.

An idea I just had, which I think would be really cool but require some development is to change from receiving trophies from co-ops to receiving alliance points. Alliance points can be built up and then perks activated by the leader/officers to be used on everyone in the guild at that point.

Depending on the number of alliance points you have, you could have 24 hour, 3 day, 7 day bonuses with only one allowed active at any given time or used in conjuction with a building (see idea below).

Some ideas for perks could consist of:

- % bonus to gold mining;
- % bonus to wax gathering;
- +5 troops allowed in guild hall;
- Building speed increased by %;
- +5-10 troops allowed to raid;
- % bonus to life/blood stones from clearing terrain.
etc.

This would make doing co-ops very useful and help alliances work together.

You could go one step further and incorporate a new building required to take advantage of the perks and need to be upgradable to get the higher level perks and put the perks into categories, daily, 3 days and 7 days.

i.e. You can build the alliance bonus building at Townhall 4-5 which allows 24 hour perks, upgrade at 6-7 for 3 day perks, upgrade at 8-10 for 7 day perks.

This way, it would give your alliance an advantage for having a bonus(es) active and it wouldn't be game changing.

Daily Quests Suggestion - 18/12/2013

Daily/Weekly Quests: It would be great to have daily and weekly quests (that carry over until completed), that granted extra life/blood stones or extra resources on completion (weekly of course more). Things like, successfully 3 star 5 enemies, successfully defend from 5 attacks, destory 5 embassies, raid 500,000 gold and/or wax, donate 250 troops to a co-op attack, donate 50 troops for embassies etc.

Neznam
04-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Nothing about being able to rearrange your base easier. I would think that would be very important.

mark
04-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Added to the list.

While I think a base builder would be nice, new content at the moment is essential. I can't remember the last time major new content was introduced and there is still lots of little things that need to be fixed or improved, such as the issue with hidden towers being very easy to spot.

Nothing about being able to rearrange your base easier. I would think that would be very important.

Neznam
04-06-2014, 05:13 AM
Agreed they indeed are very easy to spot. New content is important but seeing a easy base builder is something major I would want.

A few I'm not so sure about;
Decrease wall damage of bomber? I don't know if they are overpowered. 3300 is the max damage. Is that too high? Maybe a little decrease but not by much.

Potion shop: don't allow qued.
I dislike this one. The same way you can save wax by picking as many bomber as you can then potions should be allowed too. It's not a lot of money that you are saving anyways. I do agree with not being able to cancel upgrades easily and if you do only get maybe 50% back.

Brag points to purchase to boost attack 90 defense for 24h etc. I dislike that idea because the brag points are so easy to get. The current system where everyone must contribute is the best way.

I would say increasing the range of cannons and archers to be so very important and easy to do? God I would think it is at least. That would make it harder to take on the base of someone as it's currently too easy.

I would add... either decrease golem attack from 500 to 250 or make it that crystal towers do 2 or 3 times damage against them. They are way too powerful.

That's all for now. I will comment more later.

mark
04-06-2014, 04:02 PM
As it stands x2 bombers can destroy a level 10 wall - which is too overpowered. A slight decrease 10-15% to wall damage would be ideal. Personally I would say 15%, so it takes x3 bombers to destroy a level 9+ wall.

Potions, not a big issue, personally I don't like ways of hiding resources, like queuing troops in barracks to hide wax, potions in shop for gold, cancelling buildings or upgrades to get all resources back. More fun when you have to defend off attacks to protect your precious resources than revert to tricks to hide some.

Brag points might be easy to come by, but the amount needed to get a special perk could be a lot. So even if you went hard out you could only get enough brag points once/twice a week to get a perk - you can also cap brag points such as storages so people can't horde too much. This could also tie in with daily quests, you get given brag points to be used on tokens to get a bonus. Though I would much prefer bonus resources from daily quests or special battle cards.

Archers & cannons I've been asking to be increased for ages - as it stands it's far too easy to 1 star a base. With a bit more range to be able to defend the buildings close around you would make defence a lot more fun!

I don't think Golems are overpowered, if you hit a base with decent level walls they go splat quite easily. Though it would be cool for some defensive buildings, like Crystal towers to do a bit more damage to them - it would make battles a lot more tactical.

Decrease wall damage of bomber? I don't know if they are overpowered. 3300 is the max damage. Is that too high? Maybe a little decrease but not by much.

Potion shop: don't allow qued.
I dislike this one. The same way you can save wax by picking as many bomber as you can then potions should be allowed too. It's not a lot of money that you are saving anyways. I do agree with not being able to cancel upgrades easily and if you do only get maybe 50% back.

Brag points to purchase to boost attack 90 defense for 24h etc. I dislike that idea because the brag points are so easy to get. The current system where everyone must contribute is the best way.

I would say increasing the range of cannons and archers to be so very important and easy to do? God I would think it is at least. That would make it harder to take on the base of someone as it's currently too easy.

I would add... either decrease golem attack from 500 to 250 or make it that crystal towers do 2 or 3 times damage against them. They are way too powerful.

That's all for now. I will comment more later.

mark
04-22-2014, 03:38 AM
I've updated my wish list, added a few new things and made it easier to read.

It's all based on my opinion on what I would like to see in the short-mid term to make me log-in more frequently than just having the painful job of upgrading walls :S

What would you like to see implemented to make the game more enjoyable?

Andytroll
04-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Hi there,

another feature would be great.
I think i posted it somewhere else some time ago.
In options it would be great to allow alliance invitations.
Sometimes when i help someone in chat, i got many invitations. So bc of that i often be quiet in public chat.

I heared from some german players that it would be great if that would be in a next update.

Greetings Andytroll

mark
04-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Great idea Andy, added to the list.

Hi there,

another feature would be great.
I think i posted it somewhere else some time ago.
In options it would be great to allow alliance invitations.
Sometimes when i help someone in chat, i got many invitations. So bc of that i often be quiet in public chat.

I heared from some german players that it would be great if that would be in a next update.

Greetings Andytroll

Andytroll
04-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Great idea Andy, added to the list.

Thank you very much ... would be graet when its included.

Greeting Andytroll

Neznam
05-01-2014, 10:32 PM
I would really like to see those Heros added. They would be an awesome addition. For troll side it could be Hugo himself and for witches it could be Scylla or something like that.

They could come in two forms. Forms can be changed when they are upgraded to a certain level. For example....
they can start of as having a sword and being melee based. Then when they are upgraded to maybe level 10 they can be switched to range mode and instead of having sword they can have a crossbow which is can attack both air and ground units. They can go up to level 20 and upgraded with wax.

Maybe something like that? I would love to see that done. They can be immortal which means they don't die when their hp hits 0 but require some time to heal before they can be used. And they can be used to both defend your base and be used to attack with other bases. It might be similar to other games but there can always be made different. Some unique additions.

Maybe add that you can load them with like 100,000 wax which can be used up for spells that the heroes can have for example increase speed for a few seconds or summon units or use the wax as a munition for their crossbows.

mark
05-02-2014, 03:10 AM
Really nice ideas. Personally I would prefer Heroes to be upgraded by XP, so raiding or doing campaigns, as this would give Hugo Troll Wars some re-playability and reasons to log-in more often.

Wax does need some sort of outlet, having weapons for the heroes which can be upgraded with wax would be super awesome and have a range of weapons which you can select for the Hero (limit 1 switch a day), but you have to be a certain level before you can use a sword, bow, crossbow etc.

I would really like to see those Heros added. They would be an awesome addition. For troll side it could be Hugo himself and for witches it could be Scylla or something like that.

They could come in two forms. Forms can be changed when they are upgraded to a certain level. For example....
they can start of as having a sword and being melee based. Then when they are upgraded to maybe level 10 they can be switched to range mode and instead of having sword they can have a crossbow which is can attack both air and ground units. They can go up to level 20 and upgraded with wax.

Maybe something like that? I would love to see that done. They can be immortal which means they don't die when their hp hits 0 but require some time to heal before they can be used. And they can be used to both defend your base and be used to attack with other bases. It might be similar to other games but there can always be made different. Some unique additions.

Maybe add that you can load them with like 100,000 wax which can be used up for spells that the heroes can have for example increase speed for a few seconds or summon units or use the wax as a munition for their crossbows.

Neznam
05-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Upgrading by experience has its problems. For example people who have jobs and or school don't have a lot of time to play long which is required to level the heroes. Also because you have to recreate your army and therefore can't attack a lot of times in a row I believe if you could only level them by raiding others bases it would take just way too long.

Seeing as wax becomes almost unneeded at higher levels, having wax used as upgrade for the heroes level (which each level requires time to upgrade like any building ie 1, 2, 3 days etc) or as ammo for bows crossbows and or spells would be very effective at making wax relevant again.

Don't know just what I think. Either way having heroes would be awesome nevertheless.

Ian
05-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Not sure where wax becomes UN needed I am always desperate for wax.

mark
05-06-2014, 12:47 PM
This could be resolved by implementing a cap on how much XP a hero can earn each day, so even earning the maximum daily XP would take you a long time to maximum level.

The issue at the moment that I've had for the last several months is there is no reason to login to the game apart from farming for gold for upgrading walls - which is mind numbing. I do it, as I've already invested a lot of time in playing and I do hope the game will bring in competitive play, alliance wars etc.

The game needs fun things/hooks to give you reasons to login daily, such as daily rewards, quests etc.

I do hope that this thread gets noticed by the powers that be and we can build upon it to make the game much more fun!

Upgrading by experience has its problems. For example people who have jobs and or school don't have a lot of time to play long which is required to level the heroes. Also because you have to recreate your army and therefore can't attack a lot of times in a row I believe if you could only level them by raiding others bases it would take just way too long.

Seeing as wax becomes almost unneeded at higher levels, having wax used as upgrade for the heroes level (which each level requires time to upgrade like any building ie 1, 2, 3 days etc) or as ammo for bows crossbows and or spells would be very effective at making wax relevant again.

Don't know just what I think. Either way having heroes would be awesome nevertheless.

mark
05-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Last several months I've been capped at 8.1 million and my collectors max out, unless raided. Nothing to spend it on.. tis a hard life.

Not sure where wax becomes UN needed I am always desperate for wax.

mark
05-20-2014, 03:53 AM
List updated today.

Mountain campaign seems trivialised with the Crystal Tower not attacking air units unless ground units are in range, bug reported December, 2013.

Morgana
05-20-2014, 04:14 AM
In the crystal tower's description it is described as a defense against ground troops only.

mark
05-20-2014, 10:32 AM
So I see, glad it's been updated.

In the crystal tower's description it is described as a defense against ground troops only.

Real World
05-20-2014, 10:53 AM
We added 6 new flags in the last update. Any others we're missing?

Miltego
05-20-2014, 03:36 PM
We added 6 new flags in the last update. Any others we're missing?

I think these are the major, what country is it possible to play troll wars? or most of the players?

mark
05-20-2014, 05:54 PM
If you go through the forum comments and Facebook comments you'll get your list of flags.

I'm sure you are logging players by IP/Country so already know the top country player bases for Hugo Troll Wars.

Personally I would like Australia, New Zealand & Wales flags.

It would be nice to have the ability to put decorations back into the shop when you no longer wanted them on your map.

-pivepupu-
05-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Air traps would be nice, there is only AA guns and archers that can damage dragons and airbornes.

mark
05-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Good point, air attacks are quite powerful now - added to the list.

Air traps would be nice, there is only AA guns and archers that can damage dragons and airbornes.

mark
06-23-2014, 06:27 AM
Added some new ideas and re-ordered priority on existing items.

Eowyn
06-23-2014, 03:23 PM
There is one thing I'd like to see: sometimes, when I'm doing stuff, I accidentally hit the upgrade button when I don't mean to and of course I can't cancel. I would like to see cancellation, but I think you should get all your resources back. Because you aren't upgrading it after all so why only get a small portion back?

Miltego
06-23-2014, 04:14 PM
good idea, although sooner or later you will end up all improved

Eowyn
06-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Eventually but that's a long ways away. A lot of times it will occur when I'm upgrading walls, when I go to tap the next wall I accidentally hit the upgrade button again for the previous one or I accidentally tap it twice. The other day I was collecting resources when I accidentally upgraded my gold mine.

malle
06-24-2014, 12:18 PM
For future updates it would be absolutely necessary, that all players receive a full update description!
What has changed?
What does it cost?
What does it cost to restore?
Where can I get it?

Without information prevails after a update the total chaos.
Transparency brings the rest in the game.

malle

malle
06-24-2014, 12:25 PM
and what test the tester ,called in the impressum of hugo troll wars ?
no one is testing the upcoming updates?
if so, I do not understand why there are so many errors after a update...
..malle

Miltego
06-24-2014, 01:43 PM
and what test the tester ,called in the impressum of hugo troll wars ?
no one is testing the upcoming updates?
if so, I do not understand why there are so many errors after a update...
..malle

we are the testers :p (we ask to be paid then?)

mark
06-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Maybe a confirmation box or being able to cancel a building within a few minutes if you accidentally upgrade it to get full resources back. Otherwise you can cancel the building at a reduced amount of resources returned.

Already have recommended ability to cancel buildings, as well as if you cancel research upgrades you don't get full resources back - will add it the list. Thanks.

There is one thing I'd like to see: sometimes, when I'm doing stuff, I accidentally hit the upgrade button when I don't mean to and of course I can't cancel. I would like to see cancellation, but I think you should get all your resources back. Because you aren't upgrading it after all so why only get a small portion back?

Miltego
06-26-2014, 06:50 PM
-- Booster bonuses for mines and collectors increased to 24h instead of 12h

it would be really useful on 24h .. but the cost (10 stones for one gold mine level 10) is too high for only 2x..

SNIPER ELITE
06-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Something I'd like to see is furthermore based off of skill get priced accuratly

Phileine
06-27-2014, 12:37 AM
it would be really useful on 24h .. but the cost (10 stones for one gold mine level 10) is too high for only 2x..

For a lv10 you get 36000 extra resources for 10 stones. That's 3600 per stone. Compared with the 500 per stone to buy instantly, I think the balance is good.

I do think (and probably agree with you there) that BOTH should be buffed by maybe even a factor 10 or so to be even considered. And the current 'combo packs' have the same useless price/gain ratio.

When the 'mountain 10 mining' on the campaign was still available, you got about 210k net per potion or 420k for 3 stones, that's 140k per stone, comparing that to the 500 per stone you get now that's a factor 280! I know the mining was 'too good to be true' and probably should have taken advantage of it even more... but still. 500 per stone (or 3600 if you wait 12h) is a rediculously low value for money.

Soulseller
07-01-2014, 07:56 PM
I would like to be able to remove a building that I don't use anymore. e.g. inventors hut. As it is now the players that hasn't built e.g. all storages actually a significant advantage and can be the difference between a win and a loss. If I would have thought about this before I would never had built more than 2 storages of each type.

Soulseller
07-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I would also like to have more stats about the fights. And it would also be very interesting to be able to see in the log if an attacking player has the 10% bonus activated.

Soulseller
07-01-2014, 08:07 PM
We have alliance members that just don't seem to check the chat (and never donate which is the real problem). Seem to be mostly people that don't speak English and probably think there's nothing interesting for them on the chat. I even tried google-translating stuff based on their 'request troops' message but that doesn't seem to help (small wonder if they don't read the chat).

Right now, our only option is to kick those players because we don't want members that are always asking, never giving.

It would be nice to be able to get through to these people by somehow sending them a 'nudge', maybe in the form of a popup that appears in their client next time they go to the base editor (or immediately if they are online). Probably best to reserve this option for captains.

I think Phileine's nudge suggestion should be prioritized. It would really help all leaders and captains...

Phileine
07-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I would like to be able to remove a building that I don't use anymore. e.g. inventors hut. As it is now the players that hasn't built e.g. all storages actually a significant advantage and can be the difference between a win and a loss. If I would have thought about this before I would never had built more than 2 storages of each type.

Good idea. I wish I had thought of that. :)
http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?829-Remove-destroy-buildings

Eowyn
07-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I wish I could sell buildings I don't want back to the store even for only a portion of the original price.

Soulseller
07-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Good idea. I wish I had thought of that. :)
http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?829-Remove-destroy-buildings

Aaahh, you beat me to it! :p
I didn't see that thread...

Soulseller
07-01-2014, 09:32 PM
What about a marketplace where you can exchange wax for gold or the opposite? Of course the rate would not be 1:1 but maybe 1:2 or 1:3.

PS: I didn't check so I suppose Phileine allready has a thread about this one too... :rolleyes:

Eowyn
07-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Hey that's a really cool idea.

What about a marketplace where you can exchange wax for gold or the opposite? Of course the rate would not be 1:1 but maybe 1:2 or 1:3.

PS: I didn't check so I suppose Phileine as a thread about this one too... :rolleyes:

Phileine
07-01-2014, 10:47 PM

PS: I didn't check so I suppose Phileine allready has a thread about this one too... :rolleyes:

No that I'm aware of...

Good idea!

Golo
07-18-2014, 06:13 AM
In the Social area I would like to Search and Add Friends. People that are active so I can have Friendly Matches with others that are Not in my faction or Alliance. Non of my current Facebook friends play Troll Wars.