PDA

View Full Version : Searching for random opponents fix

Soulseller
04-04-2014, 04:26 PM
I haven't complained about the random opponent search before since I took for granted that you would fix the problem that it is often hard to find any opponents in the random match if you are at a higher trophy level. But the problem has not been fixed even though you have made several updates.

I think there is one easy solution:
Don't limit the opponent search to a certain number of trophies... limit the search to a certain number of players, or at least set a minimum number of players, e.g. 10. Then you will find an opponent whatever the trophy gap is in the rankings.

If you have 1000 trophies it's not a problem to battle a 1500 trophies opponent, the difference in base development is often relatively small anyway.

This should be the most highely prioritized subject for next upgrade since it affects the gaming experience of all high level players in a bad way.

Pixalot
06-14-2014, 10:10 PM
U shouldnt encounter the same oppont more than ones in a search. I have met the same player 3 times in a row on the same seach or maybe there were 1 or 2 in between.

Phileine
06-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Yeah, or just make the matching +/- 50% instead of the +/- 20% it currently is.

Maybe 10 matches is too much, BTW, even 3 or a single guaranteed match would be a lot better than it is now. It might reach down all the way to 600-700 relics seeing how match-hungry everybody above 1000 currently is.

Need to take relic wins in account as well, of course. If a 100% win will still only give you 0 relics...

Ph

Miltego
06-15-2014, 02:00 AM
If a 100% win will still only give you 0 relics...

Ph

yes, It shows already with the challenges.
It should also expand this parameter to-50 / 50 %.

Thor
06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I think the random match, this should be based on the level of the players and not the trophies

Lyn
06-16-2014, 05:00 PM
I agree and this can be done by changing the ranking system.

I just recently started playing for relics and it was fun at the beginning but now it sucks.
I'm just under 1600 relics and often fights only give 5 for 100% or there are no enemies to fight (mostly no enemies).

This ranking system only favors the one who plays alot not the skilled player. You just have to attack more than you get attacked (the can be hard with no opponents )or you loose relics, Golems and wizards can always win.

A 50/50 system would be better you play for maybe 20 relics and win 10 relics for 3 stars, 5 for 2 stars and 2 for 1 star. ( or 60/40 system )
So if nr 1 play nr 50 in the world they would get the same relics if they win.
Then it would be about building the best base so they only get 1 star and be a good attacker and you get 2 stars and in this way you will raise in the ranking system..

In this way the whole top 100 can be able to attack each other. A lot of random opponents without ruining the ranking system.

And in this way the top players wont loose their positions because of new rules. It would proberly be harder to gain on them.

Phileine
06-16-2014, 06:53 PM
So true. I need to spent at least two hours per twelve hours (shield expire) to scrape 20 relics from 2 star / 2 relic wins if I even get that many matches. Then I go offline and within 10 minutes I get attacked, loose 2 stars and 20 relics and I didn't gain anything...

It was horror to get from 1500 to the 1800 I'm now. It gets a little better above 2000 (I hope) because then most lower players can no longer reach you. But a single player is enough to breng you down 20 relics.

I'm not entirely sure if it would help that the entire top 100 would be able to attack eachother. All shielded up anyway. About 20 inactive players on continuous shields and the rest either playing or shielded.

But it's not only about the ranking system, it's also about the game mechanics. With the current stats I have not yet seen a base I can't two star with golems/wizards or only wizards and most bases will yield two stars against dragons as well. The recent nerfing of witches and archers made the game even more shallow.

Ph

Lyn
06-17-2014, 05:38 PM
The solution soulseller has given is good too I agree that 3 matches is enough. But ass you say we need something done with the relics.
I read here in the forum that that not loosing relics is already a suggestion.

Yes wizards and golems are evil, but dont think the golems themself are OP but those wizards are too op..
I like them but maybe they should cost 6 or so in army size..

I think its possible to build bases that can win against everything but wizards..
And when u try to go all in to defend from wizards dragons kill u :)

Lyn
06-17-2014, 07:16 PM
A solution could also be keep things how they are but when there are no opponents it should just find an equal level city or +1 -1...

And then of course not 0 relics for a win :)