PDA

View Full Version : Username

Forsaken
03-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Wow very nice guys. You can now change your user name from in game menu.

Real World
03-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah we will be monitoring this with your guys help. If people abuse this option we will restrict it to a one time change.

mss73
03-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah, and then get a bunch of people "please change back, I was just joking"

Neznam
03-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Yeah, and then get a bunch of people "please change back, I was just joking"

Then it will be said "too bad the joke is on you, no change back"

Real World
03-14-2014, 09:19 AM
If we make it a one time change then that will be made obvious in the dialog box.

Ian
03-15-2014, 12:09 AM
With being away a lot just got update, like the report and censored language though for some reason glass is g***s having explore other bits yet oh and the friendliness for all. But username change already had a couple of issues of people impersonating others name I was given was Dillan to Gowri then saying stuff about people. But I didn't see it but otherwise looks good not played with traps yet

Neznam
03-15-2014, 01:16 AM
I've noticed the impersonation as well. Perhaps it would be wise to limit the name change to once every two weeks or once a month? That way it can't be abused.

mss73
03-15-2014, 02:24 AM
Of all public chat are not talking.

I even in my alliance already disoriented!

Ian
03-16-2014, 01:37 PM
The feed back I have seen so far is entirely negative, I must add I don't like it either trying to moderate when players can change name at will is a pain. Players are impersonating others. Changing identities and being rude obnoxious and no one can keep track. I would suggest urgent change back with one change allowed. Maybe reset quarterly.

Neznam
03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm seeing it more and more abused. It's sad. You give them a nice feature to use and this is what happens. I would hate to see the feature gone but unfortunately it looks like it must be either removed or limited.

JONBOB
03-16-2014, 09:18 PM
putting the feature on occasionally would be sufficient for genuine name changing .

Ian
03-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Chaos in chat tonight dominated by plaers using others names then pretending they where hacked. Needs shut down immediately, impossible to moderate.

JONBOB
03-17-2014, 01:06 AM
agree being misused mb should only be given on request

mss73
03-17-2014, 01:50 AM
03-13-2014, 11:00 PM (GMT+9)

Nick change comes from the theme of Russian nicknames.

Actually, it's pretty weird that everyone was allowed to change. Will abuse.

The mere fact that you are allowed to change nicknames to everyone, and any number of times - it's a huge mistake. How many have you done it yet unconsidered things???

for me it was obvious in advance

Forsaken
03-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Chaos in chat tonight dominated by plaers using others names then pretending they where hacked. Needs shut down immediately, impossible to moderate.

Can i suggest this:

Putting peoples alliance with there Name tag in public chat would help this. this would be a neat feature anyways.also putting level or relics next to name would help.

mss73
03-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Great idea! :)

Neznam
03-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Can i suggest this:

Putting peoples alliance with there Name tag in public chat would help this. this would be a neat feature anyways.also putting level or relics next to name would help.

I would go for putting the alliance name next or underneath the name. Either for the purpose to stop impersonators or not it would be a great addition to the game. I always wonder who is in an alliance and who isn't and which one they are a part of.

Forsaken
03-17-2014, 06:47 AM
Also to make it even better. You could make it so that people could just click on the Alliance thats under/above there name and have options such as join or view. Maybe going to far but im sure most will agree Alliance Tag should go with your name in public chat. one way or another. Would help you guys keep players in the long run for more people would join alliances and stay in game longer cause of it.

Real World
03-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Shame.
OK we'll add the one time change option to the username change feature.
Just for the record the report feature in chat records the players user ID so no matter how often they change their username we still know what's going on

Ian
03-17-2014, 09:42 AM
It is a shame, but as with most things it's the 2% that spoil it for all, most mess around have fun but are non malicious but some just pardon the pun troll with it.

I actually had one relatively mature player saying would change name to Prince Felching just because he could. Now I am sure most will not understand but really in a game with young people playing sometimes it's a good job I can't just ban :)

Forsaken
03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Shame.
Just for the record the report feature in chat records the players user ID so no matter how often they change their username we still know what's going on

Whether its changed to 1 time or not. Adding alliance to players name. Is this not a good idea? Is there a bigger reason that this can't be done?or is something that we might see in the near future

Real World
03-17-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure that would help too much but it would cause a lot of UI issues with usernames not fitting into the available space

Marvin
03-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Shame.

Why? -_-'
That's the worst possible change. You could just as easily lock the username for a 30 / 60 day period. That would also solve the problem, but people can still change their names if they want too.

Otherwise you're punishing people for something they didn't do and that's not fair.

I for one did change my username and would like to have the option to change it again.

Hugo Games
03-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Why? -_-'
That's the worst possible change. You could just as easily lock the username for a 30 / 60 day period. That would also solve the problem, but people can still change their names if they want too.

Otherwise you're punishing people for something they didn't do and that's not fair.

I for one did change my username and would like to have the option to change it again.

It's a normal feature that you can change your name once.
We tried to introduce one without limit, but with 1000's of reports already and users imitating other users by using their nicknames and then trolling and a massive increase in "inappropriate" nicknames. Players have reported a lot of those as-well.
The next update, users who haven't changed their username (The Russians surely have appreciated that, so they don't have to see their names as "???" any longer) will be able to do so.
Then we will have to see if it makes sense to "open" the feature every now and then.

Marvin
03-27-2014, 11:21 PM
It's a normal feature that you can change your name once.

That may be the case (don't know where though), but I still don't like that idea :p :D

The point is, I don't abuse that feature. Maybe i won't change my nickname every again, but i don't like it that i don't have the option anymore.

Changing it a one way option is focusing on all the people who have abused the option, but what about all the other people, who just want to have a good time?

I guess i just mean: compromise.
You did a good thing by allowing unlimited username change, it didn't work. So don't close it up too much.

Nightsky-Goddess
03-27-2014, 11:27 PM
If I may have a suggestion to this Username thing, (which will probably make users more upset or such)
But how about this ability to change username once for free, then they'd have to pay x-amount of money, and each time they change it and pay it, the more it'll cost. (maybe not real money but you get the Idea I'm having here)
OR Just like here was mentioned before, you wouldn't be able to change your username in x-amount of days, weeks or months and they wouldn't be able to change back to the username they already had

This is just an idea and suggestion me and my friend had.

Hugo Games
03-28-2014, 12:09 AM
That may be the case (don't know where though), but I still don't like that idea :p :D

The point is, I don't abuse that feature. Maybe i won't change my nickname every again, but i don't like it that i don't have the option anymore.

Changing it a one way option is focusing on all the people who have abused the option, but what about all the other people, who just want to have a good time?

I guess i just mean: compromise.
You did a good thing by allowing unlimited username change, it didn't work. So don't close it up too much.

Like how you changed the "controlling" part Marv ;)
Our only job is to make a fun and great experience for everyone.
And of-course introducing something and then limiting it will obviously create some stir.
I'm sure there will be good solution in the end.

Neznam
03-28-2014, 12:56 AM
It was a great addition to be able to change your name however many times but sadly like with all things there is always a group who just want to ruin it for the rest of us. I hope in the end you guys limit the name change to 1 time every 1 month. So you can still change it but not so often as to be able to abuse it.

I don't like the idea of not being able to change your user name to the one you had before. Sorry Goddess, people might want to change back to their name because they really like it.

JONBOB
03-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Perhaps using stones to purchase the option each time a name change is wanted would stop the abuse ?

Ian
03-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Perhaps using stones to purchase the option each time a name change is wanted would stop the abuse ?

This is a great idea 1 free for first one then 100, 200, 400 etc. Still leaves function but pretty much stops abuse

Morgana
03-29-2014, 06:02 PM
I've been following this conversation carefully, but not contributing because I didn't have any useful ideas. I think that's one of the best ideas I've heard. Using stones would definitely make players think twice about senseless changes and abusing this feature.