PDA

View Full Version : A 2nd pot shop

rick charles
02-28-2014, 10:16 PM
I typically go a kinda cheap, low tech, low wait time army and always end up waiting a lot longer for my pots than troops (typically 1 damage, 2 heals). A second pot shop would sort this wonderfully!

Neznam
02-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Potions already give players a huge advantage. Higher leveled players would have that big advantage over lower players who wouldn't be able to afford even 1 potion shop not to mention upgrading it. I don't necessarily think it would be a good idea. I agree it takes long to develop but I also think that it's for the best that way you don't use them every time you go to battle others. Just my opinion, would love to hear what others think.

rick charles
03-01-2014, 03:09 AM
I didn't mean you could use 6 pots in a battle, you would still only be allowed 3, you could just make them faster.

Neznam
03-01-2014, 05:07 AM
Oh okay my apologizes. In that case it would be easier to decrease the time needed to make a potion. I still however think it wouldn't be a good idea because they do already provide a big advantage (especially when upgraded) and it's something in my opinion that shouldn't be allowed to be used so often. So it's again in my opinion ok the way it is.

rick charles
03-01-2014, 05:52 AM
'big advantage' what a load of nonsense, every body has the same and if you have upgraded pots then there is almost certainly something left un-upgraded else where. Now having high level walls and defences and everything else acquired from resources scored from the old campaign system... There's your 'big advantage' right there buddy.

The troops training system has been rightfully streamlined, so why not pots aswell. The reason I'm saying allow an extra pot hut to be built is because the very building of it has a con... its an extra building your not likely to defend making it easier for any would be attacker to squeeze some relic juice from you. Obviously and I didn't think it needed to be said the simple answer would be to lower pot times, but I still think my way is more interesting and balanced.

Neznam
03-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Even if potions are slow and something was to be done, adding a 2nd potion building doesn't seem logical compared to decreasing the timer. Also like you said you'd like to have it added to get more relics as it won't be defended but you don't realize that is the same reason defenders would hate the idea because it could be a difference between a win and a loss.

So again not a good idea.

GoofyGirl
03-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Potion time does need to go down. The length of time for each is just crazy. 5 to 7 minutes is more reasonable.

If they lowered many times I personally believe many more would be much more active and more players would stay active once starting the game. Its not very enjoyable to sit and w asit 30 to 90 minutes for troops. If your not a chatter what is one to do for that time? Players get bored and stop playing. Long wait times are causing many to leave the game.

Its no different then going out to dinner. You go to one restaurant wait time to be sested is 90 minutes to 2 hours. You can go next door, across the street, or down the road and be seated in 30 minutes. Your more than likely going to go to one of the other restaurants.

Plus lower wait times is what 90% or more of the players want.

Neznam
03-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Lowered times sounds like a good idea but it would make the game too easy. There is a purpose to why there are wait times. I don't believe that lowering them would increase player activity. Other similar games have similar wait times yet they have a lot more players. It means instead of fidgeting with timer and strength tweaking perhaps there is other aspects that need to be dealt with first.

I personally would think if the chat system was upgraded to be faster and smoother that more people would be active. Games like these survive through having a social aspect to them. Building alliances and friendship keep people interested and wanting to come back more. Now obviously that isn't the only reason. Perhaps some tweaking might have to be done but lowering the timer just doesn't seem like it needs to be done. If they do lower them, there will always be others who will say they need to be lowered more and more.