PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Which game deserves a remake ?

Flávio
10-24-2013, 12:00 AM
My vote goes to: Hugo - Quest for the Sunstones

The plot is very good, and still give a lot to prolong levels !

And you?

Nightsky-Goddess
10-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Sadly I've only played two first Hugo games and Agent hugo, so it's hard for me to say, but I think the Black Diamond fever or Evil mirror should be remade C: The look like awesome games ♥

Robert
10-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Sadly I've only played two first Hugo games and Agent hugo

Here's one montage you might be interested in :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9xEiwW9fk

Nightsky-Goddess
10-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Here's one montage you might be interested in :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9xEiwW9fk

Scylla is so cool :D (sadly I didn't understand a word in the video) but she seems to be one of those ''I'm evil but I can't accomplish anything!''-kind of characters. I'd really love to see what would happen to the Forest where hugo lives in, if Scylla takes it over.

Robert
10-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Scylla is so cool :D (sadly I didn't understand a word in the video) but she seems to be one of those ''I'm evil but I can't accomplish anything!''-kind of characters. I'd really love to see what would happen to the Forest where hugo lives in, if Scylla takes it over.

She's thousands years old, the games is just recent stuff.

Which also means that if you want to make another cosplay of her, you can go totally wild with it without being really out of character ;) (probably something of blueish/blackish variety, though).

Robert
10-24-2013, 01:05 PM
http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?44-Scylla-through-ages-for-Nightsky-Goddess :)

Nightsky-Goddess
10-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Which also means that if you want to make another cosplay of her, you can go totally wild with it without being really out of character ;) (probably something of blueish/blackish variety, though).

I was thinking to add a corset and different kind of shoes~ C: and maybe bit longer hair and modify her dress bit C:

Robert
10-24-2013, 06:14 PM
As for the shoes, here are some pretty cool boots from some kind of project that was never realized, I think it might have been an attempt to put Scylla into the Agent Hugo series (but it's official for sure, not fan art, and directly from ITE guys).

Nightsky-Goddess
10-24-2013, 06:15 PM
ooh :D I might do that also in the future (alright, when I have money and time :( )

Robert
10-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Also as you went for the "skull dress", I think this red cape was much more cool than the regular one. I don't remember seeing this anywhere, but this is an official concept art.

Also, some more concept arts for it, but B&W.

Nightsky-Goddess
10-24-2013, 06:37 PM
I actually asked my friends opinions about the cape and they all said it should be whole black. but I might do the red one also C: No problem at all~

GWKTM
10-30-2013, 08:31 AM
About remakes, i'm currently developing remakes (or in other hand, clones) of Hugo's classic games. I managed to finish one of them: Screentroll Hugo USA, in attempt to introduce Hugo for those north Americans, but I also made Danish and German versions of this game and right now, Finnish and Swedish versions are currently in development. Another Hugo-remake i'm making, is really a fan-game. It's Agent Hugo LA, which is a satirical mix of Hugo and Prison Break.

Nightsky-Goddess
10-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Do you have screenshots of your remakes? C: or any kind of concept art? I'm curious to see what kind of remakes you are working on~

GWKTM
10-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Do you have screenshots of your remakes? C: or any kind of concept art? I'm curious to see what kind of remakes you are working on~

Here are the screenshots, trailer and download link of Screentroll Hugo USA (http://gwktm.weebly.com/screentroll-hugo-usa.html)
And here's my first concept for Agent Hugo LA (http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3534/4nxl.png)

GWKTM
12-04-2013, 03:32 PM
In my opinion, they shall give a new life to pixelated Hugo. Not only because it looks better than Jungle Island's Hugo, but also because it's the most widely recognized version of Hugo and everyone may be missing it. Especially me.

Nightsky-Goddess
12-05-2013, 09:51 AM
In my opinion, they shall give a new life to pixelated Hugo. Not only because it looks better than Jungle Island's Hugo, but also because it's the most widely recognized version of Hugo and everyone may be missing it. Especially me.

I agree, I've always loved pixelated Hugo-games and 3D-hugo games makes him look, bit weird.. I'm not saying that those games weren't good or anything, but it's just an opinion of what you have used to see as kid.

GWKTM
12-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I've realized that Agent Hugo had a clear resemblance to classic Hugo

GWKTM
12-18-2013, 11:37 AM
I managed to finish my another classic-Hugo remake. More about it here:
http://forum.hugogames.com/showthread.php?122-Hugo-fangames
I hope they don't think it's an advert - i mean if it's forbidden here.

GWKTM
01-20-2014, 11:35 AM
I've now managed to finish GERMAN and FINNISH versions of Memory games with Screentroll Hugo:
http://gwktm.weebly.com/memory-games-with-hugo.html

To make English version I need help from those who have English versions of Hugo Classic 3 and 4

Gumpa
01-20-2014, 04:46 PM
@GWKTM Yesterday i downloaded the english version of your game. After installation i got more than one virus alarm, so i cant suggest downloading and installing the file.

Nightsky-Goddess
01-20-2014, 04:47 PM
@GWKTM Yesterday i downloaded the english version of your game. After installation i got more than one virus alarm, so i cant suggest downloading and installing the file.

Same here.. :/

GWKTM
01-21-2014, 08:03 AM

I fixed the link. Now it should install the CORRECT installer instead of download accelerator.
Otherwise, UNCHECK "Use download accelerator"-option right when you arrive to page before time is up.

I also swear that Memory games of Screentroll Hugo won't cause the same problem, cause it's the stand-alone application in a zip file (meaning that it doesn't require installing).

GWKTM
01-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Same here.. :/

I fixed the link. Now it should install the CORRECT installer instead of download accelerator.
Otherwise, UNCHECK "Use download accelerator"-option right when you arrive to page before time is up.

I also swear that Memory games of Screentroll Hugo won't cause the same problem, cause it's the stand-alone application in a zip file (meaning that it doesn't require installing).

Gumpa
01-21-2014, 02:43 PM

I dont mean the Download Accelerator. I installed with your Hugo Game Installer (~300MB) and got alot of Virus alarms. Maybe you should check all you files for Viruses with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Memory Games of Hugo Seem to work without virus warnings.

GWKTM
01-21-2014, 03:17 PM
I dont mean the Download Accelerator. I installed with your Hugo Game Installer (~300MB) and got alot of Virus alarms. Maybe you should check all you files for Viruses with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Memory Games of Hugo Seem to work without virus warnings.

Sorry of being curious, but do you happen to have English versions of Hugo Classic 1-4. Those could help me to make English version to Memory Games of Screentroll Hugo

Gumpa
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
No i dont have these games. How did you get the graphics and animations from the old games? They have a weird graphics format in that big data file.

GWKTM
01-22-2014, 08:10 AM
No i dont have these games. How did you get the graphics and animations from the old games? They have a weird graphics format in that big data file.

SPRITES:
First I recorded video with Fraps, then I took the screenshots from each frame and place I need and then erasing the background. It's hard and slow process and doesn't help me to get all possible graphics (that's why some graphics are my self-drawn or just edited.

FULLSCREEN ANIMATIONS:
First I recorded video with Fraps, then I put it to GIF-generator, where I remove duplicated frames and turn animation to .GIF. If animation is short enough, I may just take screenshots from each frame.

But sometimes I wish I have software to rip graphics easily and successfully. Or software to read .res or .dat files.

GWKTM
01-22-2014, 04:40 PM

Uh yes, did you manage to launch Screentroll Hugo USA after installing it?

Gumpa
01-22-2014, 08:34 PM
I never launched Hugo USA because i got so many virus alarms and my virus programm blocked the files from being startet.