PDA

View Full Version : Wax/Gold Conversion? (Just an idea)

Yeltz Inc.
02-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Troll Wars team,

The following will present my idea for a loot conversion system within Troll Wars, as well as the possible consequences (both good and bad) of said addition.

Loot conversion sounds like a nice idea and all, but how do we go about introducing it to troll wars? Lets start with the basics before we get to the nutty-gritty problems.

My suggestion:

At town hall level 3 players would first receive their conversion hut. They could then trade either one of their loots (wax or gold) for a matching amount of the other resource. Clearly, in standing condition, this would introduce an unfair element to the game and provide no benefit for your company. For this reason, I suggest players be able to convert their loot as follows:

6 options appear:
Gold options located on the top row,
and wax on the bottom.

Option 1 and 2:
10,000 gold/10,000 wax:
Req: Lvl 1 conversion hut
Queue time: 10 minutes

Option 3 and 4
100,000 gold/100,000 wax:
Req: Lvl 2 conversion hut
Queue time: 2 hours (I'll explain later)

Option 5 and 6
1,000,000 gold/ 1,000,000 Wax:
Req: Lvl 3 conversion hut
Queue time: 1 day

Chances are several problems are running through your mind as to why this couldn't happen, some of which I haven't thought of yet. So, before I address the benefits of this, I will first bring to light some of the problems and solutions I have though up.

(easiest to hardest)
1. Players with high townhall levels need to get the building too; just add it to their building list.
2. Players may abuse the 1million wax or gold transitions; If you do the math, I have created an overlap in the queue times that makes each successive level less profitable for those who are willing to wait (inactive). This system should have players using the 2 hour feature more often than the 1 day feature. In short, it rewards the active (those who supply your funding)
4. It adds an extra defensive buffer; So, defense needs a buff, and what better buff than a buffer.
5.Isn't this s cheap alternative to buying resources? Yes it is. Your resource offers sore nothing less than highway robbery, and no one in their right mind would purchase them. So, give them something they want to purchase (CA-Ching$$$)
"Oh no! I need X amount of (insert resource), and they want me to spend X amount of (insert purchasable currency)? Jokes on them! I can just spend 12 (insert purchasable currency) and receive 100,000 (insert resource)."
It will lower the amount of purchasable currency that paid players have, and force them to buy more currency. And, it may prove to be the reason that late game players buy currency, to trade that pesky wax in for gold to level their walls.
6. Players who store resources in their converter; Again, money, money, money, money! Less resources per base, means more urge to progress. This could increase a players willingness to fund you. Progression is always a motivating factor.
7. Work. You have to work to make this. I understand that you may not be willing to, or may be unable to create this.
8. Conversion hut levels:
My suggestion:
Lvl 1: TH lvl 3: 10,000 gold; 30min installation time
Lvl 2: TH lvl 4: 100,000 gold; 2 hour upgrade time
Lvl 3: TH lvl 6: 500,000 gold; 24 hour upgrade time

That's all I could think of as far as problems.

In addition to possibly providing funding, this little additive feature could very well attract a broader audience of possible funders. You just need some system that persuades them to pick Troll Wars. An invitation reward system has never done a game wrong. BUT, before any of this can be achieved...... the language and ease of communication within your game must be improved.
The way I see it, this is a three step process. z
Step 1: Dispose of the trash/ improve in game communications
Step 2: Create new features (such as the conversion hut)
Step 3: Find a larger audience
Step 4: Continue to add new features.

KEEP ME IN THE LOOP IF THIS BECOMES AN IDEA :PPPPPPP.

~Yeltz

Yeltz Inc.
02-05-2014, 11:19 PM
>3 step process
>>4 steps
>>>facepalm

mss73
02-06-2014, 12:52 AM
imho

This will lead to the fact that everyone will exchange for the purchase (and buffer), and spend, and do not have the resources available, so that all the bases will be poor! And attack they would not make sense. War will end!

If no one will attack, and the attack will be unprofitable, most active players leave the game.

Instead of the war game will turn into sim city. Sit back and dig&hide-exchange&build!

mss73
02-06-2014, 01:28 AM
In addition to possibly providing funding, this little additive feature could very well attract a broader audience of possible funders. You just need some system that persuades them to pick Troll Wars. An invitation reward system has never done a game wrong.

Yup.
Invite, create false facebook account, join, gain reward etc :)

the language and ease of communication within your game must be improved.

I absolutely agree!

Chat, which is cleared in uncertain times. How to communicate something? Went to fight, back empty. I got the answer or not? clear and no problem

And in general chat is not thought through.

Neznam
02-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Isn't there an award for inviting your Facebook friends already? You gain 20 stones for each person. I think this is only available if you play through Facebook as far as I know.

As for converting wax/gold I don't think it would be the best idea unless it were a 2 to 1 ration. For example if you wanted to trade 1, 000,000 wax for gold you only get 500,000 gold and not a million. I say this because at high levels, wax is sort of not very useful so it would provide a huge benefit for them. So I'm not really for this idea.

mss73
02-06-2014, 02:27 AM
2 to 1 ration.

It is closer to the truth. Long, unprofitable, but who needed that would enjoy.

No hide!

Yeltz Inc.
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Well, MSS. Bases would be less profitable yes. But the loot would auto transition, so you would be able to steal it if the base is looted before the defender is able to spend their newly earned resources. Which means, more gold and less wax at higher levers and a near even transition below. The attacker and defender should have the same goals at any level, so you may get more of what you want. Also, in theory, someone who "stores their resources" in the 1 million is an inactive or 1 time daily player who would have been emptying his resources daily anyway. So, this players base would actually become more profitable considering that 95% of their loot was in their mines regardless.