PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Show TV History

emren2023
01-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Hello. I am from Turkey. I was born in 1992. Hugo was very popular once upon a time in Turkey. Hugo started to be broadcasted in Turkey in 1993. It finished in 1998. However, it was back in 2001. Finally, it exactly stopped in 2009.

I wonder Hugo's history. Where is he from? How many countries did this show broadcast? Which countries does this show still broadcast?

Flávio
01-27-2014, 01:03 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_(franchise)

This can help :)

emren2023
01-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Thank you, but it is vey incomplete and inadequate.

Nightsky-Goddess
01-27-2014, 10:49 AM
In Finland, Hugo TV-series were aired in the beginning of 90's but it ended around 92-93? :( I don't know why but I think the contract ended or there wasn't enough viewers as hoped. They re-aired couple episodes of Hugo again in 2009ish I'm not sure. but I'd hope they re-air Hugo again so I can record them and watch again and again ♥

Hugo Games
01-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Robert, who is also a member here (Haven't seen him in ages though?) have written the Wiki hugo game show page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_(game_show)

It's very detailed and is a good place to start.
If you have any specific questions, let me know :)

Danni / Community Manager

Flávio
01-27-2014, 11:10 AM
If you have already clicked on subtopics, this other site can help: www.hugo-troll.de

emren2023
01-27-2014, 01:41 PM
It was started in Turkey in 1st of March, 1993. At first, it was broadcasted on Kanal6 until November 1997. It was very popular. It was broadcasted everyday. It was such a popular game show that it was broadcasted twice in a day in weekdays, once in a day at weekends. It was hosted by Tolga Gariboğlu, we called him Tolga Abi (abi means elder brother).

Hugo dissappered in early 1998. However, everyone missed Hugo so much. In 2001, Tolga Gariboğlu bought its broadcasting rights and he signed on a contract with ShowTV. At the same year, it started again. This time, Hugo Show was very different. It has new games (Jungle Island series). And the game show was named "Yeni Hugo" (It means New Hugo.) After a few months, two different game sets added to the game show: Stinky & Biber and Sporty The Ant, the game show's name changed as Hugo ve Arkadaşları (it means Hugo and his friends).

In October 2002, the contract of Hugo Show and ShowTV ended. Tolga Gariboğlu started to find a new channel. In November 2003, it transferred into Cine5. It was broadcasted in Cine5 as the name with Hugo ve Tolga Abi until August 2004. In September 2004, it transferred into ATV. It was broadcasted on ATV between October 2004 and July 2005. Finally, Hugo ve Tolga Abi was broadcasted in Kanal1 between August 2006 and May 2009. Then, he disappeared again. However, we don't know it will be broadcasted again and we missed him so much .

An episode from 1993:
http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/86498/hugo-parmaklarimizin-ucunda-1993-kanal-6

Hugo Games
01-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks emren2023 for the insight.
Seems like you know your Hugo history.

To just sum up a few fun facts about Hugo

1. It has been broadcasted in more than 40 countries!
2. Scylla the evil witch is in the Guiness Book of Records for being the largest witch to be burned during the Scandinavian tradition of mid-summer night celebration.
3. The original creator of Hugo is also a member of this forum!

Read much more on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_(game_show))

emren2023
01-27-2014, 03:25 PM
And I learnt Hugo is considered as digital cultural heritage in Denmark. By the way, does any country still broadcast Hugo Show?

Marvin
01-27-2014, 07:42 PM

Really? Wow! Who is it? :P

@Hugo Games
Why did the german Hugo had blue eyes?
And why does the Agent Hugo Model differs so much from the one used in the German TV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8czlv2P20

GWKTM
01-28-2014, 06:07 AM
http://forum.hugogames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=215&stc=1&d=1390829763

Why is that image mirrored?

GWKTM
01-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Really? Wow! Who is it? :P

@Hugo Games
Why did the german Hugo had blue eyes?
And why does the Agent Hugo Model differs so much from the one used in the German TV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8czlv2P20

Because unlike the Agent Hugo model, that German Hugo-model isn't created by ITE.

emren2023
01-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Why is that image mirrored?

He is Tolga Gariboğlu. He was host and organizer of Hugo Show in Turkey. Hugo was broadcasted in Turkey between 1993-1998 and 2001-2009. If you click that link I shared, you can watch a Turkish episode from 1993.

GWKTM
01-29-2014, 07:24 AM
2. Scylla the evil witch is in the Guiness Book of Records for being the largest witch to be burned during the Scandinavian tradition of mid-summer night celebration.

Is there any images or videos about it?

Niels and Lars Krogh Mortensen? WOW!

Magnetronous
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM
It was started in Turkey in 1st of March, 1993. At first, it was broadcasted on Kanal6 until November 1997. It was very popular. It was broadcasted everyday. It was such a popular game show that it was broadcasted twice in a day in weekdays, once in a day at weekends. It was hosted by Tolga Gariboğlu, we called him Tolga Abi (abi means elder brother).

Hugo dissappered in early 1998. However, everyone missed Hugo so much. In 2001, Tolga Gariboğlu bought its broadcasting rights and he signed on a contract with ShowTV. At the same year, it started again. This time, Hugo Show was very different. It has new games (Jungle Island series). And the game show was named "Yeni Hugo" (It means New Hugo.) After a few months, two different game sets added to the game show: Stinky & Biber and Sporty The Ant, the game show's name changed as Hugo ve Arkadaşları (it means Hugo and his friends).

In October 2002, the contract of Hugo Show and ShowTV ended. Tolga Gariboğlu started to find a new channel. In November 2003, it transferred into Cine5. It was broadcasted in Cine5 as the name with Hugo ve Tolga Abi until August 2004. In September 2004, it transferred into ATV. It was broadcasted on ATV between October 2004 and July 2005. Finally, Hugo ve Tolga Abi was broadcasted in Kanal1 between August 2006 and May 2009. Then, he disappeared again. However, we don't know it will be broadcasted again and we missed him so much .

An episode from 1993:
http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/86498/hugo-parmaklarimizin-ucunda-1993-kanal-6

Nice history knowledge! :D As a long-time fan of Hugo from Turkey, I didn't know many of these details. One thing I know for sure is that Hugo has probably received a lot of popularity in Turkey. I think Turkey was in top 5 countries where Hugo was immensely popular.

Hugo Games
02-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Hugo was indeed very popular in Turkey and still is.
Right now Hugo World is #1 in Turkey.
So we are glad to have some of the best fans around here with us too :)

emren2023
02-04-2014, 01:09 AM
We want to see Hugo on Turkey's TV again. However, I don't know if the television producers think like us or not.

oguzhan
03-17-2014, 09:13 AM

An episode from 1993:

Dear emren2023

I'm a fan like you, Hugo. I've followed since childhood Hugo in Turkey.
Hugo at the end of the program ended in 2009 Kanaltürk'te channels.
In a more re-started.

Consensus TV producer in Turkey is Hugo.
Tolga Garipoğlu Consensus is the owner of the production company.

I think this program Hugo disputes have been a slew of copyright.
Therefore, in another program did not start again.

In fact, if we could meet again with Tolga Garipoğlu.
I think maybe there's hope.

Consensus Tv enter a website.
I think the production company a call.

Maybe we can start again.
But everyone needs to give support in this regard.
I do not think we would be on a call.

Hugo and Tolga Abi I will start again.