PDA

View Full Version : Art of Hugo World - Community Exclusive

Hugo Games
01-15-2014, 01:52 PM
As a Community Exclusive we are launching a new "art of" series.
Many community members have expressed interest in seeing artwork and behind the scenes material.
We thought this was a great idea!

The first in the art of series will be "Art of Hugo World".
Hugo World is about to have a world wide release and has been in the making the past 1 1/2 year.
We are very proud of Hugo World here at Hugo Games and the game includes tons of beautiful 2d handpainted artwork.

What the Art of Hugo World will include:

Characters
Houses and Shops
Environment

The Art of Hugo World will include skethes and early concept art, final art pieces and insigth on the software and techniques being used in the creation of the game.

On Friday 17 2014, we will launch the first part in this thread - so subscribe to this thread so you don't miss the launch

Please note: This thread is not a Hugo World support thread. This is solely dedicated to the art of the game.
For discussions on technical issues and problems, please visit the Hugo World forums (http://forum.hugogames.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Hugo-World)

Nightsky-Goddess
01-15-2014, 01:57 PM
This is great :) I really really love the Idea :)

First question though, does the part ''Characters'' Include every single character from Hugo troll games (or such) or can they be self made?

Hugo Games
01-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi Nightsky

Great to hear you like the idea - I had a feeling you were one of them:)
The Characters Section will focus on the characters in Hugo World. The game includes lots of unique trolls that are new to the universe and introduced in Hugo World. We will not be able to cover them all (The game will have new trolls updated each month), but the primary characters will be covered. We will do a special feature on the trolls in a later series - kind of "wiki".

Marvin
01-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Yeah it's a great idea :) i can't wait for them. :D

Hugo Games
01-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Hugo World has just been released on the App Store.
If you haven't already downloaded the game, you can download Hugo World FREE here: http://bitly.com/1eM6DgU

As a Community Exclusive we are making a series with the Art of Hugo World.
Each Friday we will post and share some of the beautiful artwork created exclusively for the game.

Nightsky-Goddess
01-17-2014, 04:15 PM
If you haven't already downloaded the game, you can download Hugo World FREE here: http://bitly.com/1eM6DgU

Each Friday we will post and share some of the beautiful artwork created exclusively for the game.

how come Hugo and Hugolina lives in different houses? :o

Marvin
01-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Lovely sketches. I like that Hugos house got some color in there. Compared to the older artworks.

@Nightsky-Goddess
ha ha, that was my first thought too.

Banex
01-18-2014, 01:42 PM

It is obvious that you have invested a lot of effort. Bravo!
Those who often draws knows how hard it is.

Hugo Games
01-18-2014, 03:17 PM
@ Nightsky
Hugo World is a tap game designed for mobile and tablets, so Hugolina has a house that can be taped and will have a function.
So will Grandfather's house and Rit, Rat & Rut(They have a tree house) among others.

@ Marvin
The art in Hugo World has its inspiration from much of the original artwork used back when it all started.
However designing games anno 2014 is different than the 90's.

Using colors on the houses is also a way to identify/recognize a specific house when you have build you Troll Town.
And If they all had the same brown wooden color, it would be a bit boring too:)
The art looks no-where near what it looked like when the development started 1 1/2 year ago.
The final art in Hugo World is really lovely and beautiful and we are very proud of it.

@ Banex
If you look carefully at the artwork - the houses and shops in particular, you will notice so many details.
The Art team did such a great job.

Marvin
01-18-2014, 04:44 PM
@Hugo Games
Yes that's absolutly true, it would be a bit boring if every house looked the same. But it's nice to see, that you guys still use the original work as an inspiration and can definetly be proud of it. Great work. :)

I found this picture the other day, that's way i recognized the changes. ;)

Gumpa
01-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks. Love the pictures! :)

Hugo Games
01-24-2014, 09:04 PM
It is Friday and it's time for a new post with more Community Exclusive Art of Hugo World.
Enjoy :)
More coming next Friday.

Winter theme

Shops

More shops

Nightsky-Goddess
01-27-2014, 05:40 PM
It is Friday and it's time for a new post with more Community Exclusive Art of Hugo World.
Enjoy :)
More coming next Friday.

Winter theme

Shops

More shops

are you going to show us the collectable trolls next? :) just wondering

GWKTM
01-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Hugo and Hugolina live in different houses???

Hugo Games
01-29-2014, 09:40 AM
@ Nightsky
The next update will briefly discuss the elements and the houses for the trolls with that element.
Some trolls might also appear :)
Have you seen any trolls yet and if so, which is your favorite?

@ GWKTM
Nightsky also asked about this and I understand why you might wonder.
Due to game design and mechanics some "creative freedom" has been taken.
This was what i replied to Nightsky further below in the thread:

Hugo World is a tap game designed for mobile and tablets, so Hugolina has a house that can be taped and will have a function.
So will Grandfather's house and Rit, Rat & Rut(They have a tree house) among others.

Hugo Games
01-31-2014, 04:55 PM
It's Friday and it's time for more Art of Hugo World.
Today we will be looking at Troll Houses.
There are 8 different Elements in Hugo World(with 2 additional being worked on this very moment)
A Troll can be of one element or more.