PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Platform alternatives?

Marvin
01-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi :),
I've been playing Hugo Troll Wars for a little time now via Facebook Login. While the idea is really great, I've experienced a problem. My Facebook account gets locked, nearly every day, when i use a different device.

I play Hugo Troll Wars on my PC, my Tablet and my Phone. I like that i don't need to turn on my PC and just take a look with my phone.

I understand that Facebook is a huge platform, but it think something more reliable like would be even greater. Maybe an option where new users can choose to register an Hugo Games Account.

Vejgaard
01-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure what you mean by "My Facebook account gets locked" - could you please explain in detail?

Best,

/Søren

Marvin
01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
When I try to play the game on a different device, my Facebook Account gets disabled. I have either have to logon with my phone to enable it again, or have to answer the security questions, to get access again. Only after I done that I can play again.

Vejgaard
01-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi Marvin,

That is not a known issue to us. Does it always happen when you do something specific or is it completely random? If you can guide us through some steps that forces the above to happen that would be awesome.

Thanks,

/Søren

Marvin
01-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi Søren,

a friend of mine said its known issue. She experienced the same problems when using different devices with Facebook.
The only thing I do is the following:
1. Play Hugo Troll Wars on my PC.
2. Take my Tablet, start Hugo Troll Wars
3. Login via Facebook
4. I get the message that i *Login from a new device / unknown device and my account has been locked for security reasons*
5. I have to Login to Facebook directly via my phone and the account gets unlocked.
6. I start Hugo Troll Wars again on my Tablet, Login via Facebook and it works.

This happens to me every other day, and gets really frustrating. It's Facebook problem.

Vejgaard
01-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Hi Marvin,

Appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on this issue. As it seems this is indeed a facebook issue and not something we can solve from the game.

Best,

/Søren

Marvin
01-07-2014, 01:05 PM
No problem. :)

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't use Facebook very much, basically just to play Hugo Troll Wars, but as I said a friend of mine said its a common issue with Facebook when you use different devices.

Is there at least a little chance, we might see an option to register for an Hugo Games Account or something similar, so cross platform gaming doesn't necessary need a Facebook account?

For me at least it's really annoying :(, I just wanted to start playing and my account got locked again :(