PDA

View Full Version : An Actually Hidden Tower

Eowyn
07-07-2014, 01:15 AM
The current Hidden Tower is nowhere near hidden. It is very easy to spot. Perhaps we could change the tower so it is actually hidden?

Phileine
07-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Yeah. Not only humans can spot them easily but also looters are not fooled, not even for a second. As it is, would be better called a 'fortified cannon' given that it has more health and less range than normal cannons.

Soulseller
07-07-2014, 08:30 AM
The current Hidden Tower is nowhere near hidden. It is very easy to spot. Perhaps we could change the tower so it is actually hidden?

Yes, why not make it so it's invisible adn comes up from the ground when troops are ner enough. Or if they keep them as they are make the looters aim for them, at least until they start shooting.

If canging them to fortified cannon I hink they should increase the hit points even more.

Eowyn
07-07-2014, 04:27 PM
I like that idea of coming up through the ground. You would never know it was there until you ran into it.

Phileine
07-07-2014, 05:55 PM
I like that idea of coming up through the ground. You would never know it was there until you ran into it.

Would be more like a trap then, but maybe easy to spot because of the enormous amount of space it takes? I think I'd prefer a hidden tower that's not easy to distinguish from a real gold tank (especially for looters) until it fires.

Soulseller
07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Would be more like a trap then, but maybe easy to spot because of the enormous amount of space it takes? I think I'd prefer a hidden tower that's not easy to distinguish from a real gold tank (especially for looters) until it fires.

Yeah, I know, but my thought was that it could be placed outside the base where the ground is empty anyways. Then when the attacker places his troops outside the base they would get a nasty surprise... :p

Eowyn
07-07-2014, 07:49 PM
That could work because you wouldn't have to spend wall space to protect them... Idk but it would also be cool to make it exactly like a gold storage. Most gold storages aren't full so all the gold piled on top of the tower is what makes it so visible.

Phileine
07-07-2014, 10:59 PM
That could work because you wouldn't have to spend wall space to protect them... Idk but it would also be cool to make it exactly like a gold storage. Most gold storages aren't full so all the gold piled on top of the tower is what makes it so visible.

It's even worse. When you view your own base when you have a lot of gold, some (or all) of your storages are topped off. If you view an opponents base during battle, all storages always appear empty, regardless of how many gold (or wax) an opponent has. So even if you're loaded with gold, there's still a difference between gold storages (appearing empty) and hidden towers (appearing full).

Eowyn
07-07-2014, 11:07 PM
I did not know that the gold storages always appear empty when you battle, but now that. Think about it, that is true. EVen an empty hidden tower would be better than a full one although easier to spot because it often looks like a lower level gold storage than the rest. Say, player X has three gold storages all level 9. The level one hidden tower is I think level 6 gold storage's lookalike? So it is easy for player Y to see where player X's hidden towers are because they are lower level.

Phileine
07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I did not know that the gold storages always appear empty when you battle, but now that. Think about it, that is true. EVen an empty hidden tower would be better than a full one although easier to spot because it often looks like a lower level gold storage than the rest. Say, player X has three gold storages all level 9. The level one hidden tower is I think level 6 gold storage's lookalike? So it is easy for player Y to see where player X's hidden towers are because they are lower level.

That would be 'ok' for me. It would force people to upgrade hidden towers to look alike and/or on purpose not upgrade a gold storage to 'fake' being a tower. Nice tactics both ways.

Eowyn
07-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Its at least better than what we have currently.

Phileine
07-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Yes. Main point is IMHO that looters should be fooled.

Eowyn
07-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Looters should be fooled, yes, but then what happens when it starts firing? It might not really do much. Idk.

Phileine
07-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Would probably be best for the looters to move on then, but if they still attack, that wouldn't be too bad either.

Eowyn
07-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Ok that clears it up somewhat.

Soulseller
07-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Yes. Main point is IMHO that looters should be fooled.

Agree, thats most important.

Soulseller
07-08-2014, 10:01 AM
As the hidden tower is now it is pretty bad, almost useless, with the short range. At least compared to the cannon. I think I would like to se that it could actually fire in all 8 cannons. Each cannon having an certain angle it covers. That way, if one side of the cannon is attacked maybe 2 or 3 of the cannons would fire at the same time. If 2 sides are attacked maybe 4-5 cannons wold fire.

Phileine
07-08-2014, 12:36 PM
As the hidden tower is now it is pretty bad, almost useless, with the short range. At least compared to the cannon. I think I would like to se that it could actually fire in all 8 cannons. Each cannon having an certain angle it covers. That way, if one side of the cannon is attacked maybe 2 or 3 of the cannons would fire at the same time. If 2 sides are attacked maybe 4-5 cannons wold fire.
Yes, that would be cool. Maybe with less damage per cannon (2 or 3 making up the total it now is)? Because it is already an advantage to target multiple units simultaneously.

Eowyn
07-08-2014, 03:34 PM

That would be a significant improvement, but also an advantage over the traditional cannon.

Soulseller
07-09-2014, 08:30 AM
That would be a significant improvement, but also an advantage over the traditional cannon.

It still wold have shorter range and doing less damage per shot. I would say that it would be comparable to the cannon in defensive effectiveness, at least with some tweaking on the damage.

Phileine
07-09-2014, 01:54 PM
It still wold have shorter range and doing less damage per shot. I would say that it would be comparable to the cannon in defensive effectiveness, at least with some tweaking on the damage.

Yes, I agree that this could work.

It would introduce a third kind of defense (next to hit single, big damage cannons and hit area small damage mortars) with it's own tactics. Would really make the game much more interesting. And then also actually hidden... I can't wait.

Will not be the easiest feature to implement as it needs new client-side code (like the catapult and the spikes did) but certainly worth it for the enrichment to the game!

Lyn
07-09-2014, 10:06 PM

I love this idea.